If I were to pick a charm

This post is coming up a little late, nevertheless here it is:

My thoughts on Thanksgiving

It is Thanksgiving and I am pondering,
What are the things I am thankful for?
There sure is a very big list -
A good life, love and comfort, amidst.

But if I were to pick a charm,
It would be the gift of friendship, so warm,
Of the people who choose to share
The moments of their lives,
With unbinding love and unconditional care.

The kind of people
With whom pretenses are at bay,
Who don't mind being stupid,
And who love your wacky self, anyway.

The kind of people
Who advise you, but don't judge,
With whom you can talk your heart out
Without fearing a poke or a nudge.

It doesn't matter if it is a manor,
Or a small cafe at the corner.
What matters is the feeling left
By the time so idly spent.

These are the people I am thankful for,
Who do all these and so much more.
The way they touch our lives,
Is like the air on which our psyche thrives.

The best part is that they choose us,
And choose to be with us.
Through the sunny days and the rain,
Knowing within, that we would have done the same.

So up to this year and every year after,
In every day and every Thanksgiving dinner,
I cherish your presence my friends,
To be your friend, it's an honor!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In search of a peacock feather

A strange beckoning