The Person in the Mirror


Stealing a glance at the person in the mirror,
I looked to find a face so familiar,
Yet there were lines that have appeared,
Some streaks of grey here and there.



The eyes once bright, were wanting some light,
The lips so pink were closed up tight.
I held my hand out, but she quivered,
I wanted to embrace before she withered.

Her look was forlorn, as vacant as can be.
I remember her, but she failed to remember me.
You are stronger than this, I would like to say,
Just don't think you are lost, 'cause I am here to stay.

She took a step, and went further away,
But - I wondered - I am here to stay!
Then she smiled, and waved at me,
She remembers! I thought, and stood in glee.

She turned around and walked away.
She had a journey of her own, and I was here to stay.
She walked through a door that led outside,
With greenery, music and a very bright light.

https://www.pinterest.nz/pin/542824561322162829/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In search of a peacock feather

A strange beckoning