The Wind


The Wind howls a mellow tune,
Blowing across the lonely town.
As the curtains of my French window flutter,
I drift into a reminiscence
Of a time -

When I was a kid, shy and happy,
Big eyes, chubby cheeks,
A ready smile on my lips.
The evenings we sat together -
Me, my brother and my mother,
Sharing our stories
The wind blew the same tune, mellow and tender.

When I was a young girl, smart and pretty,
Chatting up with friends
The latest news in our kitty.
As we sat lazing about on the roof top,
Moments of laughter and fun non-stop -
Little did I realize then,
Wind was still running its natural fan.
It had the same effect,
Its presence so much felt.

Today as I lie, alone in my room,
The wind and its mellow tune,
Remind me of the times
I wish I could go back to,
Drift me to a comfort impromptu.

Time and people have moved on,
Hardened by Life's own cast iron.
But the Wind comes to befriend me, everytime,
Ruffles my hair, blows its mellow tune,
And gifts me a smile.

January 7, 2012

Comments

  1. What a lovely piece.. I feel the loneliness too sometimes. But I don't think I can ever go back and be the same. The moments will feel different. My heart has changed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Aparna di.
      I agree, we evolve with our experiences just like everyone around us. But while we are so focused on the changes and adjusting to them, it is just comforting to realize that there are a few things which never change :)

      Delete
  2. Truly awesome piece Surya. Very touching :) Keep up the good work !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice on Dear... Will read all your old blogs too... So you not working now?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chitra! I have just started blogging. I am working as well. This is my weekend activity :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

In search of a peacock feather

A strange beckoning