Voyager


I traverse the empty crowded streets,
In search of my true calling.
The vastness of the city of dreams
Gives me a dismal feeling.

Amidst the skyscrapers so high -
This is the land where
Eagles learn to fly.
There is a smile on the forlorn faces,
Which seek a place to cry.

I have traveled so far from home,
From the smell of cinnamon,
And roses in bloom.
I sniff and smell a trail of perfume,
"Is that Gucci?" I wonder,
While I yearn to smell the talcum from my mother.

The lump in my throat,
The heaviness in my heart,
Slowly fade away as I see a work of art.
The roadside musicians play a happy note,
I toss a penny, and walk ahead on my road.

The unknown smiles, the faces, forlorn,
Urge me to see -
It's time that I tread along,
No time to cry for the season long gone.

I pick up my bag and swing up to my feet,
And hear a rhythm in my own heartbeat.
Life is nothing but a venture of our dreams.
So with a bounce in my hair and a spring in my heels,
Here I come, Cheers to the city lights and the beams!



Thanks +Vishal Rai for the pic.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In search of a peacock feather

A strange beckoning