So you think you can...wait?


While some people might claim they have become a pro, I am still far behind in mastering the art of patiently waiting for someone to turn up or something to happen or wait for my fellow carpoolers to finish their work so that I can finally go home!!!
You guessed it right, it is the last one that is bothering me at the moment.


VR maintains that there are so many ways how I can utilize my time while I wait -

I could read the news - start with NDTV, BBC, CNN and go all the way to NZ Herald.
I could "browse", which is quite ambiguous as he never says about what.
I could check for good online deals. Woohoo!
And sometimes, he comes up with random assignments which mostly revolve around comparing new gadgets, which he earnestly claims he wants to buy but isn't able to make up his mind.
All this, with the ultimate goal to keep me occupied.

Although it gives a momentary distraction, it doesn't help me for too long, because, at times, specially at the end of the day, all I need is to look away from the laptop screen. I try to call people I know who will not be sleeping at this time of the day, but more often than not, they too are busy with their chores.

I still am not able to comprehend what is it that makes some people be ever-so-generous with their coffee breaks and work as though their life depends on it just when it is about time to leave the office. While many may brush this off as something that is being blown out of proportions by a cynical woman or try to justify this act, I am sure I have more than a handful of believers too!

With no other alternative, I make myself realize that there are times when this is just unavoidable. There could be some urgent work popping right in at the moment we decide to call it a day. Been there, done that! I guess now it is my turn to start with the act of "being patient", stay put and dissuade myself to sucker-punch the next person I find idling at his desk.

Tik tok tik tok...and as I roll my eyes what do I see? Someone packing his laptop!! Yes!!!

"Hey, are you leaving now?"
"Yes."
"May I join you?"
"Sure."

The Michael Jackson inside me goes "Woo!" and moonwalks the way out of office. It's Friday and all is well! :-)




If you like this, you may also like this post.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In search of a peacock feather

A strange beckoning