The Hour Glass


Gazing at the flowing sands of Time,
Reminiscing times sublime,
Captures a momentary happiness,
That leaves a smile on forlorn faces.



I sit holding that thread of time,
While treading on memories of tears, joys and smile.
I look at the flowers in the garden,
And in a trice, my heart is sodden.

My nurturing arms long to hold,
My eager eyes long to behold.
My old voice longs to speak,
My weary ears wants to heed.

I look out at the empty streets,
Waiting to see a familiar face,
Wanting to hold a familiar hand,
Or march to the sound of a familiar band.

But that is the nature of sand, my friend.
The tighter the grip, the faster they rush.
Memories shouldn't chain down,
They are meant to pass.

Days come and days go,
And time flies like not too long ago.
I sit, gazing at the flowers in the light,
And wait for that moment of delight.

My heart leaps at the sound of the jeep,
I see someone stealing a peep.
He is here at last, I whisper,
And with a smile, I spring up from the chair!

The garden is green, the flowers are in bloom.
The room is full, with voices cheerful.
There is laughter, joys and smile atlast,
As I gather memories for the years to pass.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In search of a peacock feather

A strange beckoning