Pitter-patter


Pitter-patter raindrops,
Falling from the clouds.
Left to right, right to left,
You swing as the wind blows.


Sometimes you go faster,
Sometimes you go slow.
Dad says, "The land is wet,
It's good for plants to grow."

Thud! Was that a knock on the door?
Crack-boom! That bright flash of light!
And the windows shook!
It must be someone very strong!

I run to my mom,
"Is that a dinosaur?"
Mom says, "Nah, It's just the thunder,
And the gust of wind against the door."

I peep out to look at the raindrops.
Racing each other on the window pane.
At a distance, the trees swing,
Dancing to the winds wild hymn.

Pitter-patter raindrops,
I wonder about the land of the clouds.
Can I dance too, left to right, right to left,
And swing as the wind blows?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In search of a peacock feather

A strange beckoning