My take on Religion


Religion (noun): The belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods.
So says the Oxford dictionary.

I believe, my religion is a beautiful ensemble of a way of life.

My religion gives me hope and the strength to be in the path of righteousness.

My religion tells me to do my work diligently, because Karma is my Dharma (Work is worship).

My religion does not incite me to wage war for the sake of "religion".

My religion teaches me benevolence towards all religions.

My religion teaches me to love and respect all God's creations and marvel in His wonder.

My religion also teaches me that forgiveness is a virtue of the brave.

What My religion teaches is so enormous that it cannot be ridiculed by a person, nor can it be diminished by any other faith.

I am ready to protect my religion, but
Does My religion need protection from outside influences? No. My religion needs protection from my own misconduct.

In this perspective, it is rightly said, it is impossible to build one's own happiness on the unhappiness of others, for the whole World is my family - Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam

With the religious churning going around, this is high time we gave this a thought, Religion is a personal belief - forget what you hear, forget what others tell you - take a moment for yourself and listen, what does your religion ask you to do?


Disclaimer: This post does not talk about any religion in particular. The ideas expressed here do not intend to hurt the sentiments of any individual or religion.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In search of a peacock feather

A strange beckoning