The Colors of Holi


Yes, it is Holi. Yes, it is the Indian Festival of Colors. No, I did not get splashed with colors this year (I usually don't, any year). And yes, I am going to write about the cliched topic of taking a moment to thank God for giving the gift of colors to our lives.

This thought came to my mind while I was gazing out, looking at the colors of the sky amidst the setting sun - cheers to the perks of seating in the back seat of my colleague's car -
Thank God, for the gift of eye sight. A -2 isn't bad compared to utter darkness. I can relish the colors of the earth and the sky. I can see the warning signs that show the number of accidents in Texas roads per year. I can swear when I see a car jump a signal!
And while I am at it, I also thank God for the gift of insight - there are those who lack that too!

My mind wanders and I think of the sweets and savories that are made in every home in India today - just the thought of those colors and aromas make my tummy growl! I thank God for my decent living. I do not know what starvation is!

I look at my phone. There is a bunch of people I need to wish! The people who add colors to my life. Colors of love, friendship, family and trust.
I check my phone and there is a bunch of people who have already wished me! The people who color my life with care and affection. It could be a distant "Happy Holi everyone", but I still feel happy that I am one among those "everyone".
And I thank God for them, who fill my life with colors and give dimension to my existence. There are many people and their dear ones, stranded in war, gunned down by terrorism, lost in a missing flight - what colors do they have this Holi?

Now the sky is turning rather dark and blue, and so is my write-up. So here is a dash of yellow - the silver lining is that, there is always hope. Hope of a better tomorrow. And a rather selfish prayer that my loved ones and I be in God's loving grace, always.
I am no preacher, but take some time off, my friends, to ponder on your life. Thank God for the colors in your life...And to that thought, I say, Amen.



Image Courtesy:1

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In search of a peacock feather

A strange beckoning