In Pursuit

This is my attempt at trying to capture the constant thirst for answers to the questions we often ask ourselves. Although, we are never sure if the answers we have is precise, the pursuit of our answers is a journey in itself.

A little girl once asked,
Who do I fear most?
For whom should I care?
What makes the sun so bright and the moon so fair?

I sought and sought the answers,
In vain, for all these years...
Sought them out in laughter,
Coy smiles and heart-wrenching tears.

Sought them out in acts of God,
Flood, famines and Wild fires.
Sought them out in war and peace,
In friendship treaties and justice!

Who do I fear most?
For whom should I care?
What makes the sun so bright and the moon so fair?
Ringing in my head from ear to ear.

I sought the answers in the brightest day,
And the darkest night.
Under the blue sky,
Under the twinkling light.

A little more introspection,
Led me to the realization,
That I sought the answers in all wrong places.
The key is me, in most of the cases.

So I start looking,
For the answers deep within.
With a hope newly heightened,
That one day I will be enlightened,
And the little girl shall rest peacefully that day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In search of a peacock feather

A strange beckoning